home about us email printables

April 1, 2011

Tote Bag

         Don't you just love it when you are right in the thick of a project and realize, this project is really going to stretch ya. That was this tote for me. Its always so nice to learn new things! The pattern, actually it was more like a list of instructions, was great in the fact that it gave you tons of measurements for different sized bags. Somehow though, I got myself all turned around with mixing the measurements. Oops, hate when that happens. Thank goodness my sweet hubby came in and helped me work through all the instructions. But, after everything was said and done, I love it. I am so in love right now with black, white and pink.
          Now that this is done, I realized that this would make one fun baby shower gift, filled to the brim with diapers and baby goodness. It has some pretty fun pockets on the inside that would come in handy for all those binkies and bottles. I am using mine though for a church bag. I made the largest size on the pattern, so if my 2 year old gets unruly in church, I could put him in the tote and carry him right out, I kid, but yes it really is that big. It really will be perfect for all our Sunday gear. I got the pattern from a local store some time ago, but I noticed on the pattern they also have an online store here.




    I would love to see all the fabulous projects you created
                                       that made you stretch yourself a bit and learn something new!          
      Thanks for visiting!
                                                                   
Don't forget to sign up as a follower.
I am linked up here:

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You should link it up to my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute fabric combo. Great job figuring out the pattern. Your tote is adorable! Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bounced over from The Girl Creative and wanted to compliment the personalized bag. I'm totally into anything with an initial - so personal! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I think I'm going to make a smaller version for the girls at my daughters birthday party! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the bag!

    ~new follower ;)

    stop by and see me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute! I love anything with a monogram, so this totally won me over! Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday at DotDotDot! I will be featuring this today!
    Have a Happy Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good bag! Thanks for sharing this at Fantastic Friday, I hope that you will join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete